THOROUGHBRED

- View More

GINGERNUTS takes out ROSEHILL GUINEAS - Matamata three-year-old Ginger View More

Gingernuts wins the New Zealand Derby - https://www.nzracing.co.nz/Rac View More

Gingernuts wins the New Zealand Derby - Race Video : https://www.nzrac View More

Karaka Graduates Shine in Singapore Awards - The 2016 Singapore Racing Awar View More

Outstanding Results Bring Buyers Back to Karaka - The National Yearling Sales Se View More

Options

Forums > Breeding > Palominos, Cremellos and Chestnuts. Chance of getting Your preffered colour
katie
Post ID: #9 Time: 2010-12-26 21:27:18
  • Posts: 5
  • Location: Tauranga
  • Member Since: 18/11/2010
  • Ok a little biology here, Chestnuts and Cremellos Have full colours.

    • If you want to get a palomino, Breed a chestnut coloured horse (as a base colour)with a cremello. (this is because of incomplete dominace of the genes)Definite Chance of palomino.

    • When you cross two palominos you may not get a palomino. 50% chance palomino, 25%chestnut and 25%cremello

    • Palomino with chestnut base coloured horse it is 50% chance for each colour. This is the same with cremello and palomino.

    • Note: Palomino is not a breed. Just a colour :)



    Equivision on Facebook
    Blender